Types Of Alopecia
- Alopecia areata totalis means you’ve lost all the hair on your head.
- Alopecia areata universalis is the loss of hair over your entire body.
- Diffuse alopecia areata is a sudden thinning of your hair rather than lost patches.
- Ophiasis alopecia areata causes hair loss in a band shape around the sides and back of your head.
Causes Of Alopecia
1. Hereditary or developmental.
2. Infection of the hair follicle (bacterial, fungal etc.).
3. Male pattern or Androgenic alopecia – seen in those who are genetically Predisposed.
4. Stress induced alopecia – due to:
- Emotional stress
- Crash diets
- Malaria, Tuberculosis, Typhoid etc.
- After surgery
- In hepatic or renal failure
- Iron and Zinc deficiency
5. Post pregnancy.
6.In patients with thyroid or pituitary disorder.
7. Drug induced – Patients on anti-cancer treatment, anti-thyroid drugs, cholesterol lowering agents and patients on an
Homoeopathic medicines are very effective in controlling the hair loss along with stimulating the hair growth . Homoeopathic medicines also increases the immunity and general health . It addresses altered immune system, treating the roots of this autoimmune disease.