- Alcohol abuse
- Chronic viral infections of the liver (hepatitis B and hepatitis C)
- Fatty liver associated with obesity and diabetes
- Inherited diseases
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Diseases that damage or block bile ducts in the liver
- Chronic heart failure
Early symptoms and signs of cirrhosis include:
- Loss of appetite.
- Feeling weak or tired.
- Unexpected weight loss.
As liver function gets worse, other more commonly recognized symptoms of cirrhosis appear including:
- Easy bruising and bleeding.
- Yellow tint to your skin or the whites of your eyes (jaundice).
- Itchy skin.
- Swelling (edema) in your legs, feet and ankles.
- Fluid buildup in your belly/abdomen (ascites).
- Brownish or orange color to your urine.
- Light-colored stools.
- Confusion, difficulty thinking, memory loss, personality changes.
- Blood in your stool.
- Redness in the palms of your hands.
- Spider-like blood vessels that surround small, red spots on your skin (telangiectasias).
- In men: loss of sex drive, enlarged breasts (gynecomastia), shrunken testicles.
- In women: premature menopause (no longer having your menstrual period ).
Liver cirrhosis is treatable depending upon the damage to the liver , if only small portion of liver is affected , then homoeopathic medicines can effectively bring substantial symptomatic relief and prevent further damage to the liver . Medicines also help in preventing further complications like portal hypertension , liver cancer , renal failure etc. Medicines also improve the general well being , stops the weight loss & promotes natural weight gain and strengthens the immune system .