There are two main types of high blood pressure: primary and secondary high blood pressure:
- Primary, or essential, high blood pressure is the most common type of high blood pressure. For most people who get this kind of blood pressure, it develops over time as you get older.
- Secondary high blood pressure is caused by another medical condition or use of certain medicines. It usually gets better after you treat that condition or stop taking the medicines that are causing it.
Causes of primary hypertension are:
- Genes: Some people are genetically predisposed to hypertension. This may be from gene mutations or genetic abnormalities inherited from your parents.
- Physical changes: If something in your body changes, you may begin experiencing issues throughout your body. High blood pressure may be one of those issues. For example, it’s thought that changes in your kidney function due to aging may upset the body’s natural balance of salts and fluid. This change may cause your body’s blood pressure to increase.
- Environment: Over time, unhealthy lifestyle choices like lack of physical activity and poor diet can take their toll on your body. Lifestyle choices can lead to weight problems. Being overweight or obese can increase your risk for hypertension.
Causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Kidney disease
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Congenital heart defects
- Problems with your thyroid
- Side effects of medications
- Alcohol abuse or chronic use
- Adrenal gland problems
- Certain endocrine tumors.
Many people won’t experience any symptoms. It may take years or even decades for the condition to reach levels severe enough that symptoms become obvious.
Symptoms of severe hypertension can include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain with or without palpitation.
- Visual changes
- Blood in the urine.
Along with changes in life style & healthy diet , we need to understand the underlying cause & treat them . Homoeopathic medicines effectively help in maintaining the blood pressure levels . Along with it , it will also bring down the elevated lipid levels or increased level of TSH which can increase the blood pressure . Medicines also improve general health & helps in increasing the energy level in body .