IBS is also known as spastic colon, irritable colon, mucous colitis, and spastic colitis .Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional gastrointestinal (GI) disorder characterized by abdominal pain and altered bowel habit in the absence of a specific and unique organic pathology.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Men with the following factors are more likely to develop benign prostatic hyperplasia:
- Diet low in fibre , high in calories , rich, spicy food difficult to digest,consuming bakery items , dry food ,fast food , sugar etc .
- Environmental factors, such as stress
- Genetic factors
- Digestive organs with a high sensitivity to pain
- An unusual response to infection
- A malfunction in the muscles that move food through the body
- An inability of the central nervous system (CNS) to control the digestive system
- A person’s mental and emotional state can contribute to IBS development. People with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) have a higher risk of developing IBS.
- Sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise .
The most common symptoms of IBS include:
- Changes in bowel habits
- Abdominal pain and cramping, which often reduce after passing a stool
- A feeling that the bowels are not empty after passing stools
- Passing excess gas
- The passing of mucus from the rectum
- A sudden, urgent need to use the bathroom
- Swelling or bloating of the abdomen
Homoeopathy aims in treating the underlying cause , strengthening the nervous system , relieving the stress , increasing the immunity , which helps in marked improvement in symptoms . Healthy diet & physical exercise and healthy life style is advised for fast recovery .